The week before I left on our adventure I wrote a salvo for the Saxum team.
April 16, 2018
- Don’t be afraid.
- Trust first.
- The team did it.
- Listen. Stop thinking about what you are about to say.
- Do your homework.
- You are an expert.
- Forgive yourself for mistakes.
- Be BOLD. Every day.
– Be Brave. Have Courage.
– Be Original. Create something new that stands out.
– Be Lively. It’s not worth losing sleep.
– Be Driven. Live each day with urgency.
- The world is changing. Push yourself to change too.
- Stop complaining. It is a waste of time.
- See the very best in your co-workers.
- Bring solutions.
- Try very hard to understand the motivations of others.
- Seek simplicity in every deliverable. Complexity is bad marketing and communication.
- Understand that agency life is a balance of order and chaos.
- If you love systems. Be patient. If you hate systems. Be patient.
- Help others. Genuinely look for opportunities to assist.
- We are artisans. Be excellent in your craft.
- There is a role for everyone to play.
- You owe it to yourself to be open and honest.
- The true cost of our culture is excellence. It is expected 24/7.
- It is not fair if poor work and attitudes are acceptable and tolerated.
- Look in the mirror first.
- Blank slate. Starting now.
- Be “all in” knowing it may be tough and you may have to blindly trust it will be recognized.
- When in doubt, just go.